The programme Master of Public Administration deals with the fundamental knowledge of power and resources distributed in the world, and impact of political decisions on societies. The programme combines intellectual diversity and analytical aspect to provide a stimulating environment for students for a refined understanding of the complex interaction between the realities of international politics and the requirements of a global morality. The curriculum for the Master of Public Administration has a mechanism to built students learning, to continue gathering new information and making use of the information to improve upon the use of strategies, to broaden the sphere of study, developing novel means of improving the administration, contributing to sustainable economy and improving the quality of life of less fortunate, to make new inventions for the betterment of the society, and to utilize the learning to bring prosperity to the masses. It combines the precise training in international relations theory and practice with the analytical and quantitative tools of policymaking. The students after completing the course are equipped to solve the complex political and social problems of the present times. The programme is designed as a transformative program, which offers students the education, training, and first-hand experience essential for successful international careers.
For successful completion of Masters degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Two research articles in scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The objective of the programme is to produce knowledgeable individuals with the awareness of the laws, rules, norms, and traditions that shape the internal structure, efficiency, and innovativeness of public sector organizations so as to formulate creative solutions to problems confronting government agencies and not-for-profit organizations.
The aims of this programme are,
• To prepare civil servant to serve the wide population in political activity and decision making into actions or public programmes for the well-being of the society and the citizens
• To teach democratic values like equality, security and justice for analytical thinking skills, knowledge in public administration and state organization principles, public administration theory and ethics.
• To offer careers roles that require good articulation, clear thinking individuals with an idea of the contemporary events, including government, international organizations, business, finance and the media.
• To provide concepts and principles of public policy and administration to equip students with skills necessary for managing the public sector as well as civil society organizations.
• To train professionals to work in international market to gain brilliance for further leadership responsibilities in the public, nonprofit, and private sectors to deal with critical social problems including hunger, poverty, disease, joblessness, and powerlessness.
Careers in public administration require administrative skills, a solid understanding of accounting and finance, knowledge of government workings and organizational proficiency. There are career opportunities in non-profit agencies and local government bodies, state government, public service organizations such as animal welfare and healthcare agencies and large non-profit organizations at the national level. Some careers that professionals can attain once they complete the course are:
· Fed Career
· Civil Service
· Education Administrators
· Administrative Services Managers
· Public Administration Consultant
· Executive Director
· Director of Development
· Program Analyst
· Program Director
· City Manager
· Foreign Service Officer
· Criminal Investigator
· Labour Management Relations Specialist
· Customs Inspector
· Social Worker
Full Time : 18 Months.
Part Time : 30 Months.
|Sl.No.||MQA Subject Code||Subject Name||Credits|
|1||MPA 7113||Administrative Theory||3|
|2||MPA 7123||Personnel Administration||3|
|3||MPA 7133||Financial Administration||3|
|4||MGT 503||Organizational Behavior||3|
|5||MPA 7213||Organizational and Administrative Issues||3|
|6||ACC 501||Business Accounting and Finance||3|
|7||MPA 7233||Administrative Thought||3|
|8||MPA 7243||Industrial Relations||3|
|9||MPA 7313||Research Methodology||3|
|10||MPA 7323||Public Policy Administration||3|
|11||MPA 7333||Comparative Public Administration||3|
|Elective (Choose any one module from the following):|
|12||MPA 7343||Social and Economic Administration||3|
|13||MPA 7353||Environmental Policy and Administration||3|
|14||MPA 7363||Politics and Administration||3|
|15||MPA 7413||Development Administration||3|
|16||MPA 7423||Management of Voluntary Agencies||3|
|17||MPA 7433||Project Work||6|
Intake and Entry Requirements
Entry Requirements :
For international students, entry requirements are subject to MQA regulations and its equivalent with education in Malaysia, with: