The program Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication with Lincoln University College emphasises interdisciplinary studies, with courses and research suited to the student's interests and guided by faculty members. The program teaches research methods, communication theory, and teaching techniques. It not only focuses on educating students to be exceptional university professors, but it also encourages them to pursue scholarly research in journalism and mass communication, as well as media management. It is a multi-conceptual and research-based degree programme aimed at producing top-notch journalists and researchers.
For successful completion of PhD degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Four research articles in Scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The programme of Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication will produce professionals who are eligible to:
• Impart in-depth knowledge and critical understanding of mass communication including deeper insight into current research.
• Integrate practical, communication, and interpersonal skills to conduct mass communication research.
• Create and analyse different digital and numeracy skills to critically evaluate mass communication research independently.
• Inculcate acumen in research, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
• Imbue professional ethics, social responsibility, and values of global research.
Outside of academia, mass communication graduates can pursue careers in advertising companies, non-profits, research organisations and public relations businesses, and more. Individuals holding a Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication may choose to consider the following academic and non-academic employment opportunities:
• Marketing & Communication Associate
• Media Consultant
Full Time : Minimum 36 Months - Maximum 60 Months
Part Time : Minimum 48 Months - Maximum 72 Months
|Sl.No.||MQA Subject Code||Subject Name||Credits|
|1||PHDMC 101||Research Methodology||3|
|2||PHDMC 102||Computer Application||3|
|Research topics on any one of the following specialties|
|d.||Social Media /Information|
|e.||New Media / Digital Media|
|g.||Media and Culture|
|i.||Intercultural and International communication|
|m.||Global Media Policy|
|o.||Advertising and PR|
Intake and Entry Requirements
Intake :Ongoing, Limited Seats Available.
Entry Requirements :