The Ph.D. Program in Accounting offers inter disciplinary training that develops the student’s expertise in conducting both analytical and empirical research. The program is designed to provide students with opportunities to learn to develop their own research ideas through a formal coursework during the first years. Our distinguished faculty conducts interdisciplinary research across a wide variety of specializations, including Accounting Information Systems (AIS) and political economics, Auditing Financial accounting and reporting, Taxation, Information intermediaries and corporate networks and other different fields of accounting. Accounting is used in every sector of today’s world, so the study is highly linked with the departments like Hospitality Management, Business Management, Culinary Arts, Pharmacy, Engineering, Dentistry, Nursing, Medical Science and others. Students gain additional exposure to research through seminar, workshops as well as through research assignments and joint projects with faculty. The demand for skilled accounting educators is strong, and doctoral graduates in accounting can pursue considerable placement all over the world.
For successful completion of PhD degree in LUC, each candidate should publish minimum of Four research articles in scopus indexed journals, with Lincoln affiliation.
The aim of the programme is to train students in research of highest international quality in Accounting. The purpose of this program is to encourage students to make unceasingand diligent efforts to pursue holistic self-development, to cultivate self-discipline and integrity, to nurture creativity into broad-minded future leaders with international outlook. The aims of this programme are,
• To develop meticulous scholars with the capability to advance both academic knowledge and business practice
• To provide in-depth knowledge of their own research area and its social importance to develop scientific theory and research methods within the research area.
• To equip with the expertise necessary to succeed in a knowledge-intensive environment and to cater greater depth in professional life.
• To train students to carry out research with the highest international quality in Accounting and in the related fields.
• To encourage scholars to contribute in the field of accounting by syn the sizing existing knowledge to facilitate policy making in accounting.
Job prospects exist in the Government and Privateresearch organizations like Accounting, Auditing and related areas. Educationsectors at all levels like Financial Institutions, Banking Sectors, Businessfirms etc., need Lecturer and Professor to contribute to the profession.Doctorate-level degree in Accounting can work in many job areas and is in highdemand all across the globe.Some careers that professionals can attain once they complete the courseare:
· International Accountant
· Managerial Accountant
· Environmental Accountants
· Personal Financial Adviser to the Stars
· Spectator Sports Accounting
· Senior Financial Analysts
· Accounting Software Developer
· Risk and Compliance Professionalss
· Finance Director
· Information Technology Accountants
· Teaching in Accounting
Full Time :
Minimum : 36 Months
Maximum: 60 Months
Part Time :
Minimum : 36 Months
Maximum : 72 Months
|Sl.No.||MQA Subject Code||Subject Name|
|1||PHDA 101||Research Methodology|
|2||PHDA 102||Computer Applications|
|3||PHDA 103||Dissertation (Thesis work) Research work on any one of the following specialties|
|Accounting Information Systems (AIS) and Political Economics|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting|
|Capital Markets Research in Accounting|
|Economic Models of Agency and Control|
|Accounting and Public Policy|
|Financial Analysis and Valuation|
|Market Reactions to Accounting|
|Management Accounting and Control|
|Corporate Finance, Reporting and Governance|
|Information Intermediaries and Corporate Networks|
|Empirical Finance and Accounting Anomalies|
|Earnings Quality and Earnings Management|
|International Accounting Standards|
|Private Equity and Venture Capital|
Intake and Entry Requirements
Intake :Ongoing, Limited Seats Available.
Entry Requirements :
For non-Malaysian citizens, please refer to the Malaysian Qualification Agency's (MQA) List of Overseas Qualifications & its equivalency with Malaysian Education System to see if you qualify for this course.